The practice will be closed on bank holiday Monday, 19th September 2022.
If you would like to become part of our Patient Participation Group, please click below for further information:
Patient Participation Group
You are no longer required to wear a face mask in the practice unless you have a cough or symptoms of a cold or flu
Did you know we have a social prescriber here at the surgery who you can speak to about your social, emotional and wellbeing needs?
They can help you to identify support you may need and link you in with support to help you manage your mental wellbeing, support to manage your finances, support to look for work or training, support for long term health conditions, support to find local groups and hobbies and much more.
Please speak to a member of reception or your GP who will arrange for a referral to be sent.
An online consultation or eConsultation is a form of digital triage. Patients go online an submit information about medical or administrative requests to their own doctors. This request is sent to the GP practice to decide on the right care.
eConsult is the most widely used online consultation platform used in the NHS. eConsult can be accessed from our website. eConsult collects the information about your request and sends it to us securely. Practice staff will then triage (sort) each patient so that everyone gets the right care as quickly and as safely as possible.
Further information can be found below:
Read more at NHS.UK
About the NHS App
Please use this link to download the NHS app: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/
Use the NHS App to:
- get your NHS COVID Pass – view and share your COVID Pass for places in England that have chosen to use this service and travel abroad
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
- view your NHS number – find out what your NHS number is
Keeping your data secure
After you download the app, you will need to set up an NHS login and prove who you are. The app then securely connects to information from your GP surgery.
Please consider the following 10 points that will help ALL of us:
- If you are going to call the practice – please think first! Do you need our service right now or can you manage your symptoms at home? You can use the NHS 111 online service for all medical advice.
- Our teams are doing their best to keep themselves safe (we have families too!) and to ensure we are able to continue providing a service for our patients. Please respect the advice regarding social distancing and we request that only the patient should enter the surgery wherever possible. For example – Anyone accompanying the patient will be expected to wait outside or return to collect the patient after their appointment.
- Our Reception Team (the real heroes) are already handling 50% more calls. You WILL have to wait longer in the telephone queue. We are sorry for this, but please bear with us! We have a limited number of staff and lines.
- We have simplified the process for setting up access to on line services and it is no longer required for ID to be presented at the practice, we shall however need to verify you verbally over the phone. You will be sent 2 separate text messages with a username and password. You can also download the NHS app from the app/play store.
- We are unable to issue prescriptions earlier than planned or give you more just in case! The pharmacies are already struggling and this has a massive impact on the supply chain. DO NOT stock pile and please order ONLY what you need. Look what happened to the loo rolls! You can order prescriptions online via our website or the NHS App.
- We are unable to issue you an inhaler just in case! We know it’s a bit scary at the moment but lots of people really need these inhalers and if you get one just in case someone else might not be able to get one at all!
- Unfortunately we are unable to advise you whether you should or shouldn’t self-isolate or are at greater risk (If you had an annual flu jab you should consider that you may be in one of the at risk categories) – we have over 10,000 patients registered at the practice so please follow the guidance, we know it’s not perfect but we are following the same guidance as you!
- PLEASE DO NOT just present at the surgery unless you have a face to face appointment booked. We will NOT be taking appointment bookings at the reception desk – you will be turned away and asked to ring the practice .
- Paper repeat prescription requests can be posted through the letter box. You do not need to enter the building.
- We will still make sure you get the medication you NEED or see a GP/nurse if needed and we will still provide the best possible care. Our staff are working tirelessly and we have a zero tolerance on bad behavior.
Be sensible and be safe. Look after yourself, your family and each other and then we can look after you when you really need us.
If you are suffering from – or in fear of – domestic violence, please see the link below;
Domestic violence helplines
Please don’t forget that you can always approach any member of staff at the surgery for help too